Just like a white winged dove, we’ve made it to episode seventeen. On this episode Niki and Jules discuss the latest installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Netflix reboot of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Niki teaches Jules about Winter Olympic Sports and they proceeded to have a heated debate over which Olympic season is more dangerous. All this and a little less on this installment of Tangential.
This episode features spoilers for Black Panther! Skip ahead to 21:37 to get to the end of our conversation about the movie.
Thanks to Louie Zong for letting us use Blackberry Jam off of his album "Jam II" as our theme song! You can listen + buy the song here: https://louiezong.bandcamp.com/album/jam-ii
- The Mynabirds, Shouting at the Dark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxbG_Ili0NM
- Clara Nova, Badlands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mUl5PwG1EA
- Isle of Dogs Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt__kig8PVU
- Annihilation Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OP78l9oF0
- Google Buys Chelsea Market: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/07/nyregion/google-chelsea-market-new-york.html
- Google Buys A Hangar: https://la.curbed.com/2016/6/6/11872300/playa-vista-google-spruce-goose
- Blepharitis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis
- Blepharitis (the mite/Pokémon, apparently): https://imgur.com/a/lN1AA
- 2018 PeyongChang Olympics: http://www.nbcolympics.com/
- Shaun White is Bad™: https://www.thecut.com/2016/08/details-of-shaun-white-sexual-harassment-emerge.html
- Olympic Snowboarding: http://www.nbcolympics.com/snowboarding
- Chloe Kim, American Hero: https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018/2/12/17003494/chloe-kim-ice-cream-tweet-winter-olympics
- Olympic Sports: https://www.olympic.org/sports
- Russian Curling Dope Dopes: https://www.vox.com/2018/2/19/17027858/russia-olympics-doping-curling
- How Curling Stones Are Made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUy9ake9q8w
Tangential is a podcast that works through the events of a week by reading through weekly internet histories. Over the course of an hour, Julianna Klimeck and Nicholas Grayson try to explain and share where their minds wandered to that week, and how they got there.
Best case scenario? You learn a little something and have a good laugh. Worst case scenario? You do neither of those things because your hosts are bad at Google -- hopefully it's that first one though.
Shoot us an email at email@example.com! Talk to us about anything, we'll read it on air!