On this episode of Tangential, Niki and Jules decide to go back to the popcorning method and bounce some delightful kernels around. Such unsalted, zero-trans fat carbs include job security in Drumpf's America, horror as a genre, and résumé building. Niki throws us all for a loop by starting a movie corner of his own and Jules' hits him with some trivia. All this and a little less on the sixteenth episode of Tangential.
Thanks to Louie Zong for letting us use Blackberry Jam off of his album "Jam II" as our theme song! You can listen + buy the song here: https://louiezong.bandcamp.com/album/jam-ii
- Randall Park's 2017 Commencement Speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEj2GcD1w5k
- Zayn Malik Bollywood Movie Song: http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/culture/news/a41540/zayn-malik-hindi-song/
- Deagol: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/D%C3%A9agol
- UkuTabs: https://ukutabs.com/
- Get Out's Alternate Ending: http://www.thisisinsider.com/get-out-alternative-ending-2017-5
- Shanghai Dragons sign Geguri: http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/22348024/geguri-set-join-shanghai-dragons-become-overwatch-league-first-female-player
Tangential is a podcast that works through the events of a week by reading through weekly internet histories. Over the course of an hour, Julianna Klimeck and Nicholas Grayson try to explain and share where their minds wandered to that week, and how they got there.
Best case scenario? You learn a little something and have a good laugh. Worst case scenario? You do neither of those things because your hosts are bad at Google -- hopefully it's that first one though.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Talk to us about anything, we'll read it on air!