This Super Bowl Sunday, Jules and Niki delve into the deep and tremendously rich lores of Lord of the Rings and Girl Scout cookies respectively. Later, Jules recommends some stellar medieval poetry and Niki breaks into a story about an unexpected, inherently dangerous visitor. All this and a little less on the fifteenth episode of Tangential.
Thanks to Louie Zong for letting us use Blackberry Jam off of his album "Jam II" as our theme song! You can listen + buy the song here: https://louiezong.bandcamp.com/album/jam-ii
- Lord of the Rings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(film_series)
- Stoor (LotR): http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Stoor
- GPA Calculator: http://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/
- Girl Scout Cookies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_scout_cookies
- Girl Scout Cookies Map: http://www.wideopeneats.com/map-girl-scout-cookie-differences-based-location-crazy/
- History of Starbury: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbury
- Starbury: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbury
Tangential is a podcast that works through the events of a week by reading through weekly internet histories. Over the course of an hour, Julianna Klimeck and Nicholas Grayson try to explain and share where their minds wandered to that week, and how they got there.
Best case scenario? You learn a little something and have a good laugh. Worst case scenario? You do neither of those things because your hosts are bad at Google -- hopefully it's that first one though.
(shouts to tom brady losing the super bowl, what a scrub)
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Talk to us about anything, we'll read it on air!