On this installment of Tangential, Niki discusses the geopolitical environment that envelops Blizzard Entertainment’s team-based multiplayer online first-person shooter video game, Overwatch. Jules gives you a debriefing on entry level film and television jobs in Los Angeles whilst bowing down to Hollywood newcomer, Liz Hannah. Also, what’s the deal with Movie Pass’ new restrictions? All this and a little less on the fourteenth episode of Tangential.
(Note from Niki: If you have suggestions on what I should do for my million day long spring break, please email me at email@example.com! Also huge apologies to residents of Riverside, CA.)
Thanks to Louie Zong for letting us use Blackberry Jam off of his album "Jam II" as our theme song! You can listen + buy the song here: https://louiezong.bandcamp.com/album/jam-ii
- Overwatch League: https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/
- Lack of Women In OWL: https://compete.kotaku.com/no-overwatch-league-team-signed-the-games-most-notable-1821968992
- DropMix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W30ynqbL8JI
- Wonderful (with Rachel and Griffin McElroy): http://maximumfun.org/wonderful/wonderful-ep-17-wake-me-inside
- Liz Hannah: https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/how-a-writer-defied-one-in-a-million-odds-to-get-her-first-movie-made-by-steven-spielberg/2017/12/20/76131f9c-e424-11e7-a65d-1ac0fd7f097e_story.html?utm_term=.87f145b189f4
- Black Lightning Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAUGA01mUc
- MoviePass Restrictions: https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/25/16934190/moviepass-theatres-amc
Tangential is a podcast that works through the events of a week by reading through weekly internet histories. Over the course of an hour, Julianna Klimeck and Nicholas Grayson try to explain and share where their minds wandered to that week, and how they got there.
Best case scenario? You learn a little something and have a good laugh. Worst case scenario? You do neither of those things because your hosts are bad at Google -- hopefully it's that first one though.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Talk to us about anything, we'll read it on air!